Toshiba has been teasing its very first Honeycomb tablet for a while now, but it’s only today that it gets an official name and that is Regza. The device’s full name is Toshiba Regza Tablet AT300 and its specs list looks very much like the one of the Motorola Xoom, so the $800 slate will have serious competition.
The Regza tablet supports connectivity with other devices made by Toshiba and bearing the Regza branding and if you’re curious about the specs, here they are:
- Display: 10.1 inch LCD, 1280 x 800, LED backlight
- CPU: Tegra 2, dual core, 1GHz
- Memory: 1GB RAM, 16GB internal, SD storage
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth, HDMI, miniUSB, USB
- Camera: 5MP rear, 2MP front
- Battery life: 7 hours
The product weighs 765 grams and measures 15.8mm in thickness, which is quite a lot considering the iPad 2 is a mere 8.8mm. The slate will be shipping in June, priced around $730, at least in Japan, while the US will get it in the first half of 2011.