The idea of a Windows 10 Mini PC has been tackled multiple times and the concept of a computer with the latest Windows, that can be used on the go is still very much appealing. The folks of Ockel have taken it upon themselves to deliver that in the form of the Sirius A, a Windows 10 Mini PC getting funded on Indiegogo.
Funding came through and the product will get shipped from May 2017. Dubbed “the most versatile Windows 10 Mini PC ever created”, this product is small enough to fit in your palm or pocket and it brings a 6 inch screen, plus all the connectors you can dream of. Here’s the full specs list:
- System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit
- Processor: Intel Atom x7-8750 quad core (1.6GHz up to 2.56GHz)
- RAM: 4GB LPDDR3-1600
- Display: 6-inch full HD (1920x1080px), 4K and UHD support
- Dimensions: 85mmx150mmx6mm-120mm
- Graphics: Intel HD
- Storage: 64GB eMMC, micro SDXC slot (external storage up to 2TB)
- Connectivity: 2xUSB 3.0, 1xUSB Type C, HDMI, DisplayPort, RJ-45 Ethernet, 3.5mm headphone jack, power (12V/3A)
- Wireless: Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.2
- Battery: 3000 mAh Lithium polymer (up to 4 hours of video playback), 36W adapter
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Magnetometer
- Integrated: Front-facing camera, speakers, microphone
The connectivity options are probably the most impressive ones, letting you connect all the mice, keyboards, Internet and displays you can dream of. The battery is kind of modest, seeing how much juice this device is going to use and the Intel Atom x7 CPU sounds solid. Sirius A is supposed to be a very silent machine, in spite of its power and even though it doesn’t have ventilation fans, it’ll use a heat sink.
Microsoft has been on board here, providing tech support and just so you know, the Indiegogo campaign reached $100,000 funding goal in two days. Right now it has even surpassed it, going to 242% of the goal. One such unit costs around $550.