HTC introduced a very impressive amount of products today at MWC 2011, no less than 6 new devices being unveiled. While 5 of them were phones, HTC Flyer is the very first tablet PC of the Taiwanese device maker. This device runs Android 2.4 right now, but it’ll support an upgrade to Android 3.0 Honeycomb later on.
HTC Flyer sports an elegant unibody design and it comes bundled with a stylus, that will be aided by the Scribe technology. The latter allows you to naturally draw and write by hand with ease, straight on the slate’s screen. Also, on this occasion HTC launched the HTC Watch service, allowing you to download on demand movies with affordable prices and HD quality to the Flyer tablet.
Here’s the specs list of the brand new tablet:
- CPU: 1.5GHz
- Display: 7 inch, touchscreen, TFT, 1024 x 600 pixels
- Connectivity: HSPA+, Bluetooth 3.0, WiFi b/g/n, quad band GSM/GPRS/EDGE
- Memory: 32GB internal storage, 1GB RAM, microSD slot (SD 2.0 compatible)
- Camera: 5MP main, autofocus, 1.3MP front
- Dimensions: 195.4 x 122 x 13.2mm
- Weight: 415 grams
- Battery: 4000 mAh, up to 4 hours of video playback
- Sensors: G sensor, ambient light sensor, digital compass
The product will be available on the market in Q2 2011 and we must also mention that Flyer will launch with support for online cloud gaming via the OnLive service. This service has received important investments from HTC and it allows users to play games on the TV or PC without buying expensive hardware of software. It also supported on the new HTC tablet!